Free Alarm Clock
Reliable freeware that helps you wake up
- Category Clocks & Timers
- Program license Free
- Version 4.0.1
- Size 2.60 MB
- Works under: Windows 2003 / Windows 2000 / Windows ME / Windows XP / Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista
- Program available in English
- Program by Comfort Software Group
With Free Alarm Clock, you can now set up an alarm clock on your computer that will operate the same way the alarm function on your phone or a traditional alarm clock does.
How many times have you found yourself browsing the web and suddenly looked up to find that hours passed? You might think that you'll read a few threads on Reddit or check out your friends and family on Facebook. The next thing you know, an hour went by and you accomplished nothing. This is especially true of those who browse Wikipedia because they keep following links and waste more time than they planned. If you play a lot of online games, you can use Free Alarm Clock to remind you of when to take breaks too.
Though it has a pretty basic design, that design makes it easier to use. You set the time that you want the alarm to go off, and you can decide how often you want that alarm to repeat. The program gives you the option of setting a one-time alarm, once that goes off daily or one that goes off on certain days. You can adjust the label to describe the alarm and turn the sound up and down. The program gives you several alarms to choose from and offers other options like turning your monitor on when the alarm goes off or adding a snooze feature.
Another great benefit is that you can set multiple alarms at the same time. You can set up one alarm to remind you when to take your meds, when to call a friend or when to get up in the morning. Other alarms are perfect for use as reminders that you have other stuff to do during the day. You might let yourself surf the web or play a game for an hour before you do a project for work or school.
If you have sound clips on your computer that you want to use, Free Alarm Clock can even use those files to remind you of important things or to help you get up in the morning. A loop setting lets the alarm keep playing until you turn it off, and a snooze button works like the snooze button on your alarm clock to temporarily turn off the alarm. While Free Alarm Clock doesn't come with lots of new features and may not replace your existing alarm, it's a good alarm for those who spend a lot of time on their computers.
- Can set up a single alarm or multiple alarms
- Has different alarm settings for choosing the sound you want to use
- Simple design that is easy to use
- Can work with custom audio files that you saved on your computer
- Loop setting loops the alarm to keep playing until you turn it off
- Will not replace the alarm you already use
- Has very few options for customizing
- Is a little too simple for advanced users